Wednesday, August 24, 2005

No pain, no gain


So here is a picture of my friend Mrs. T's gerber daisies. The picture was taken at the urging of my wonderful friend corrie ann who loves to tease me about my photographs of inanimate objects and animals. Mostly she laughs at the animals but grouped in would be the random trees and flowers and such. I argued with her teasing saying that I am a fledgling photographer and I simply like to take pictures of neat things. She said if I was a true photographer that I would take a picture of the flowers. So I stepped outside, barefoot, to take a picture, stepped on a stick lying on the concrete and proceeded to stub my big toe. Very nasty, very painful BUT I still took 2 very good pictures of the flowers! (see above) Now, am I a photographer or what!!! I will be kind to those of you who have sensitive tummies and will not post the picture of the toe, but I do have one if you wish to see. . . .

5 Comments:

At 4:56 AM , Blogger Beth said...

I'm the one who sent the daisies in a basket to Amy. I just wanted to thank you for the picture. I've been wondering how these flowers look. Sorry about your toe.

 
At 7:44 AM , Blogger Mr. T said...

GK, You might be surprised to know that those daisies are the ones that Mrs T planted herself!! Are you NOT so proud of her? I am. I have some pictures of your daisies on our online photo album. Ask Mrs T for details if you don't know where it is. Or I may just email you.

Jan, how's the toe.. it looked dreadful and then when I heard you had to get a shot... I felt bad. I guess I didn't put enough gauze on it. ;)

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger Jan said...

Mr and Mrs T - the toe is healing very well thank you very much. Mr T it was not your fault, at the advice of my mother I left my toe uncovered during the night and I think that was to my demise. I woke up with it nasty and swollen and I even had a fever. Thankfully Mrs T was able to get me to the clinic to get all fixed up. Now, thanks to many soaks in hot water and alcohol, lots of neosporin and some "breathable" bandaging it is healing nicely (although it still looks pretty gross). Thank you for your concern and hospitality!!

 
At 5:58 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Karlan, we already e-mailed, but yup, I realized they were her own flowers. LOL Mine were all yellow at my request.

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

you are a dork!! j/k....but i do know the entire story and know even further back when you liked to take pictures of mykonsos crabs and stray greek dogs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home