Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Career Change

So, it's official. As of January 3, 2007 this will be my new boss and the little angel in her arms will be my "charge"!


Yep thats right, I am moving to Blue Stem Ranch to be the nanny/housekeeper for my best friend and her family. A small part of me is super nervous simply because its a BIG change. But a much bigger part of me is soooooooooooooo ready for the change! Every time I go out there to visit I feel relaxed and I can BREATHE. Granted, I'm usually visiting but not always. You can ask them, they put me to work! I earn my keep most of the time :-). There are a few downsides, such as spotty cell phone reception and no possibility of high speed internet. But I already have some solutions for those problems (because the withdrawl symptoms would be UGLY). The best part is that I will be able to work in sweats/pj's and won't have to wake up early enough to shower, dry my hair and put on makeup. Granted, I can every once in a while just to feel nice..... but I doubt I will. Rolling out of bed, making some coffee,and then walking a few feet to work will be fabulous. And I am really thinking that since I'll actually be doing physical labor that requires me to move around a lot, I'll lose weight and get in shape again! No more sitting on my butt at a desk all day!

Its very bittersweet though. I will be leaving a whole crew of awesome friends and truly, an awesome job behind. I mean, yes I no longer enjoy the city life or the corporate work place. But I really do have a great job and great benefits/perks. And I've made some fantastic friends in the 6 years I've lived here. I will come visit, I have friends with spare beds thankfully! And there is the beauty of cell phones, internet and of course MYSPACE!!!

The big question is how my cats will react to such a big move. Ty is already expressing his opinion about the boxes

2 Comments:

At 6:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

duuuuuuude. i didnt know this is what you were going to do. the last thing you told me was you werent going to do this and you were going to move to your parents house?

 
At 6:14 PM , Blogger Jan said...

i love that you said duuuuuuuuuude!! yeah things changed LOL. Gidget wants only me so she convinced andy it would work :-) now its really official because she told her current housekeeper today!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home