Sunday, August 28, 2005

SFART

Okay so this weekend I went to a conference in Downtown Dallas and I rode the DART down there - saves gas, etc. Anyway I was also recently in San Francisco and rode the BART. So as I was on the train I was pondering the acronyms and working them out in my head. DART is obviously Dallas Area Rapid Transport. But what was BART? What did the B stand for? Obviously its the San Fransisco Rapid Transport so it took awhile before I finally realized its called the Bay Area. So that made sense. Much more sense than calling it the SFART..... a thought which still brings giggles. I'm sure those around me on the train thought I was on drugs as I laughed hysterically at the thought of people riding the SFART.

2 Comments:

At 8:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

that means corrie takes the SFART everyday!! haha.

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger Mr. T said...

Bah.. its BART (BAY AREA RAPID TRANSIT) because unlike DART, it travels outside of SF to the neighboring cities... encompassing all of the Bay Area.

*sheesh* Girls. :P

Give DART some time Mrs T. I'm sure if they expanded a bit and after a few homeless have made their "home" in them for a couple of years, they TOO will have the nice aroma that BART has.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home