Thursday, November 03, 2005

Manners!

so i understand that at one point or another we are all in a situation like this, either as a "giver" or a "receiver" but i'm curious as to your opinions on what to do. earlier i was in my neighbors office and i heard someone come into mine and then leave. when i returned to my office there was a very unpleasant odor lingering. we did not know who had entered my cube until a little later. a man came into my office and i was looking up some information for him, so he was standing right behind my chair. and with no warning - no noise - i was overcome by a very unpleasant odor again. when i say unpleasant i mean hold your breath so as not to gag unpleasant. i managed to take small breaths and go about what i was doing without making a deal out of it. he stood there calmly. until ANOTHER wave of an unpleasant smell overcame me and thankfully this time I was done with what i was looking up and he made his exit. he never said a word. as soon as he was around the corner i bolted from my office and went running down the hall to a friend because i could see that my other neighbor was also there, seeking solace from the unpleasant odor! okay so seriously - its one thing to let a "little" one go quietly and pray that it doesn't smell. but we are talking about a "omg what did you eat for lunch, that is horrendous" smell. like a dog fart. i mean OH MY GOSH. and he had to know! there is NO way he couldn't smell his own nastiness! but its like, how do you be graceful about such matters? in my opinion he should have discreetly stepped outside my cube before releasing his gas so as not to overwhelm me. he could have even excused himself!! but he just stood there as if nothing happened while my neighbor is running for air and i am about to faint because i'm holding my breath! what would you do - either in his situation or in mine??????

4 Comments:

At 3:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i would say "i'll be right back" in both situations.
completely unacceptable for him to do that. unless he has no idea. maybe his nose is stuffy or he always has gas so that he doesnt know he does it anymore. either way, he should pass out letters of warning to people he meets. like the people who are blind or deaf and go around to fast food restuarants with signs and pens.

 
At 6:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same way when people burp abnoxiously loud...

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

You have much more decorum than I would have. I don't know if I would have been able to retain my composure. Keep in mind though, I have a house full of boys and potty humor is completly acceptable to them! OMG - are they rubbing off on me?

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Jan said...

okay anonymous person, if you're gonna take jabs at me you could at least reveal your identity! scaredy cat!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home