Thursday, October 20, 2005

Alumni

It still seems weird to think of myself as "alumni" but I am. Tomorrow night I will be attending my 5 year college reunion, good ole HPU! Its nothing big, just a get together in the evening to start off Homecoming weekend. I remember Homecoming when I was in college. I always helped build the float for my class, attended whatever theatre production there was for the weekend, and many other activities. The campus would be all spruced up for the alumni and visitors, everyone would be wearing gold and blue, and it was just a blast! I enjoyed sitting by the band and dancing with the music, cheering with the cheerleaders and egging on the freshman who were going through "Daze of Payne" - they wore beanies and had to "obey" their big brothers/sisters. It was awesome. I still have my beanie somewhere. Ah college. Those were the days. No real world responsibilities, going to class in pj's, late nights at the Kettle or Whataburger, in the early days, late nights at Bosa Donuts (remember that place??), weekend barn dances (literally in a barn), football games, baseball games, movies in the dorm, Bible study at the Schrum's house, Christmas parties, festivals, HPUPalooza, Spring sing, playing Phase 10 at the River coffeehouse, Least of These, Jackson Swing, Big Eugene and the Loose Screws, Spin 490 . . . I could go on but many of you who read this have no idea half of what I'm talking about! But I had a blast in college, I wouldn't trade any of it! I can't wait to go back this weekend and see old friends! Sting 'Em Jackets!!!

3 Comments:

At 2:01 PM , Blogger Ruaz said...

there no more girls like you...juicy

 
At 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up.. How do you remember all those names.. I spent the whole time reading your little story going.. oh yeah.. oh I remember that or them.. I would have never remembered the names.. to funny..

 
At 8:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! That is too funny. I remember most of that...especially Big Eugene and the Loose Screws! Those WERE THE DAYS!!! I miss them. Are we really adults now? leading adult lives? with adult responsibilities???
Have fun this weekend! Be safe!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home