Tuesday, May 16, 2006

long time friends



i first started at DPSU as a temp in October of 2001 and Reagan was one of my first friends. We shared a giant cubicle together and were both temps. It didn't take long to find out we were close in age, had similar religious beliefs, etc and an easy friendship began. I had no idea at the beginning where my friendship with Reagan would take me but its been a blast along the way! Above is a picture of me, Reagan, and Corrie - friends since the DPSU days. Because of Reagan I got to go to Greece, complete with a fun tour guide (reagan herself!) In this picture (to the left) we are laughing because Corrie's favorite phrase was "peace in the middle east" and she said this instead of the traditional "cheese". Our days together at DPSU were short (she left us for Greece, what was she thinking!) but the friendship continued. When she started her blog on this site, I checked it every single day for new posts because reading her blog was nearly as good as talking to her in person. she writes like she talks and she can put you where she is. It didn't take long for me to want my OWN blog, although my writing is not nearly as exciting as hers most of the time! Since our first meeting, Reagan has lived in Greece, Italy, Arkansas, and Nashville and her stories and friendship never ends. For the next 12 weeks I get the privilege of being in the same metropolitan area as Reagan and I am looking forward to the chance to participate in some of her memory making. When hanging out with Reagan, one can never know when something hilarious just might happen. But I plan to be there when I can, camera ready, if such a moment occurs! Tonight, I was priveleged enough to accompany her to her first meal at Cathy's Wok since the last time she was in Dallas. I took this beautiful shot of us together (loving my tan!) to start off the potential adventure for this summer! Reagan, thanks for being my friend!

5 Comments:

At 3:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

awwww....that is so freakin' sweet! i'm looking forward to more fun, too....

 
At 8:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - Jan really is tan!!!!! :-)
peace in the middle east y'all.
-CK

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

cor!! jan, you should feel really honored....cor has only responded to my blog once....and yes, i am really pale compared to jan.

 
At 6:26 PM , Blogger Jan said...

i am SUPER honored! she's getting more technologically inclined!!

 
At 7:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got to your blog from Reagan's...She is the daughter of my best friend in the whole wide world...we were college room mates in undergrad and grad school and when her mom was getting her PHD, she lived with me in Memphis...I've traveled with Reagan in several countries and she is a blast to be with...and a great tour guide even though I do think she takes me along just so she can laugh at all the stupid things I do! Hope your trip is great fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home