Monday, July 23, 2007

A Good Saturday

Saturday was a great day! My friend Melissa was visiting and we got up and had breakfast at the General Store - excellent pancakes! Then we drove to Dublin and went to the Dr Pepper Bottling Plant for a Frosty Pepper and a tour. I must say that the Frosty Pepper was not a great choice for lunchtime because it was so sweet and so filling that we were actually a little bit sick to our stomachs and didn't eat anything until dinnertime! But the tour was really neat. Then we walked around the little downtown area, visiting antique and resale shops and visiting the Dublin Historical Society Museum which was really cool. We drove back to Stephenville for dinner and then drove to Granbury to catcha movie (I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry - hilarious!). While driving to Granbury we saw a double rainbow and then we actually drove THROUGH it! I have never done that before but it was really cool. We noticed that the rainbow seemed to touch down in front of some trees and about the time we realized it, we passed the trees and the rainbow was gone - it was behind us. So awesome!! Then at the end of the day I pulled up to my little mailbox and what was waiting there? HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HOLLOWS - THE 7TH AND FINAL BOOK!!!! I was a nice hostess and did not immediately ignore Melissa to begin reading but let me tell you it was a great act of will! Melissa left early Sunday morning and I began reading THEN. Yes, I admit it. I skipped church for Harry Potter. Lord forgive me. I read all day long until almost 1 a.m. last night. I've only got about 200 or less pages to go. *Sigh* Its so sad that its the last book. but I guess all good things come to an end. Thus the weekend ended on that note and now its Monday. Have a great week y'all!

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

we need more info on the new boy.

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger 24crayons said...

Yes, info, on boy would be good!

Also, its good to know you saw the movie because I wondered if I should buy or just rent?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home