Thursday, May 24, 2007

Update

Okay, so I know I tend to sound like a proud mama when talking about Evy and I gotta admit I sometimes feel like one! I realize she's not my own flesh and blood and that the love I feel for her doesn't compare to what Gidget feels. BUT she is just so cool and I am so blessed to be in her life every day, watching her grown and learn! She now has 2 very prominent teeth that have come up very quickly and make her smile that much cuter! She's already learning to pull that lip down so her teeth show and its ADORABLE. I haven't gotten a good picture yet but will share when I do. I haven't been able to get into town with my own laptop to put up pictures lately but I will soon because I have MANY. she is pulling up now, with just a teensy bit of help. She still doesn't have good balance but she will take steps without encouragement as long as someone is holding her arms to keep her from falling. She is really enjoying this new freedom and seeing the world from a slightly different angle! This past weekend she was VERY sick and it was a long and draining time for all of us. We missed our happy, hilarious girl while sick Evy presided. She wouldn't eat or drink for a full 2 days and so we had to force pedialyte into her by syringe which was heart breaking. But she is well now and we are working on helping her to gain weight. She hasn't gained any weight in a month or so and younger babies are passing her by in that department which worries Gidget. I wasn't worried until I recently heard of a 6 month old who weighs more than Evy! So we are feeding her any time she will eat instead of keeping a rigid schedule, especially the bottle. She's on soy formula at the moment because when she was sick the milk upset her tummy. But if any mothers out there have a weight-gain food advice, etc please let me know! She's been on the plain vegetables and fruit but really only eats one #2 jar/pack at a time. The others her age are eating 2 at a time. I realize we can't force her to eat more than she wants so I'm hoping we can just get her to eat foods that will help increase her appetite and encourage weight gain. She'll be 9 months old in a few weeks which is shocking! I can't believe its already been that long. But other than the weight issue, she is developing quickly and I swear she's smarter every day. She has learned the sign language for milk and has used it twice when she wanted a bottle which was exciting. When she was sick and in a very upset crying fit she cried out for mama twice. Not in a "ma ma ma ma" way but very distinctly "MAMA". We have several games we play and she just loves to laugh and make silly noises. I will post pictures soon I promise because I have some SUPER CUTE ones you're going to love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home