Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Trip to the city

Okay so I know its silly but I actually got a little nostalgic this weekend when I went to Plano. I don't really miss living in the city but there are things about living in the city that I miss. I miss the conveniences, the restaurants and the stores. I went to Central Market and just walked around - I couldn't afford to buy anything anyway. Its a good thing they didn't have my chocolate Hob Nobs because I would have bought some of those!! Alas, I simply walked around envious of the other shoppers with their carts full of exotic wines, meats, organic pasta and oriental party mix. I had lunch at La Madeleine which was great as always - bow tie pasta with tomatoes and pesto and strawberries romanoff. Yummmmmmm. I miss the occasional long lunch with my work girlfriends at places like Potbelly's, Mi Cocina, and two other really great restaurants that I can't remember the names of! From what I understand, CSAB isn't the same anymore which is sad but I'm glad I left when I did because I still have happy memories. I miss my days at the office and the people I worked with because they were so great but I still don't regret the change. Even the lack of health insurance and the less pay is worth it to live here and have such a great job. Whats interesting is that now, after a year of being here, I know that I actually like working. So while I want to be a stay at home mom (God willing), I will definitely work somewhere when my kids are old enough. The sense of accomplishment is more important than I thought it was and while keeping the house clean, etc is important there is something to be said for that paycheck. Even if its a measley one, it makes one feel like it was worth it. I still don't know exactly where my life is headed, but really who does? I just know that I am where I'm supposed to be and that God has a master plan. Thank goodness He does because otherwise I'd probably mess it all up!

alright, back to work lunch break over!

2 Comments:

At 6:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

don't forget cathy's wok

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Jan, I like what you wrote. I don't know where my life is headed either. You're not alone. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home