Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Some kind of miracle

Okay so everyone who knows me knows I bite my fingernails. Yes its a nasty habit and its one I've had for FOREVER. I've quit a few times in the past but it never lasted. And back when I was making more money I just kept acrylic nails on so that my hands looked pretty. But I can't afford it here. Anyway, I had to have a root canal several months ago and it was the result of clenching/clashing my teeth. My dentist also made me an NTI which is a little acrylic device I snap onto my top two teeth at night to keep me from clenching in my sleep. I recently got a daytime one that fits onto my bottom teeth. Well, it also made me realize that biting my nails was causing my teeth to clash together and it was messing with my bite. So since I can't afford something like Invisaline right now and I definitely don't want another root canal, I had to stop biting my nails. And it turns out that was reason enough! I've quit!! Its been almost two weeks now and while I still have the occasional nibble (its compulsive, I'm telling you!) I catch myself and stop. but I've noticed that once I quit I don't even think about it much. And ironically this past week has been pretty crazy and a little stressful, yet no biting! I guess I've just been too occupied! Here is a picture of my growing nails!!



Wednesday Cody had a job interview at Everman Junior High and they offered him the job on the spot. So Saturday I went with him and his mom and we drove to Crowley to house hunt. A friend of the family who lives in Crowley had already done a TON of searching for him and she had weeded out the junk (or as Cody called them, "crap holes" lol) and she had narrowed it down to a few. We only actually walked through 3 places and he picked one, signed the lease, paid the rent and got the keys that day. Its really awesome actually because its a small 3 BR house with a yard (for his dog) and its 2 minutes from the school! Its a little subdivision kind of out on its own but there is a little backroad (no stops or traffic) that leads directly to the Everman campus!! A family lived in it before so its very stylish and clean with nice fixtures and some landscaping in the yard which makes it very homey. We were all very pleased. So we went home that night and got him packed and then we all missed church on Sunday to get him moved in because he started his job on Monday! He is staying with the family friends right now because the electricity doesn't come on until Wednesday but the water was turned on on Monday so he's good to go after tomorrow. We timed it and its an hour and 15 minutes from Stephenville. Since coaching is pretty time consuming and he'll have to work half days on Saturdays and a few hours on Sunday afternoons I will be doing all the travelling to visit him. But its all good because in my opinion its worth it! I get along fabulously with his family and we just had a really good time together. This week his family is on vacation and I'm feeding the dogs for them and then next week I am going with them to a Rangers/Yankees game even though Cody can't go lol! So yeah, things are good. And hopefully, I will not start biting my nails again!! I miss him already but as he says, we'll get used to it. And we both agree that we are comitted to really sticking it out. And whatever happens, it will be up to God!

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i'm so hopeful for this one...he sounds really great!

i guess sometimes i've felt red flags or whatever they are when you've met others, but for some reason, i am very hopeful for you with cody.

i'll be praying about it.

p.s. you know i am living proof that long-distance works out. nate and i were 3 hours and 45 minutes apart.

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger Ben and Lola said...

YAY!!!!! Good for you for kicking the nail biting habit!!! Keep it up!!! We know you can do it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home