Friday, February 03, 2006

I blame songwriters

For my fairytale beliefs about love and romance I blame authors, screenwriters and songwriters. Lyrics to some songs I like

Where have all the good men gone and where are all the guards
Where’s the streetwise Hercules to fight the rise in us
Isn’t there a white knight upon a fiery steed
Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need
I need a hero
I’m holding on for a hero til the end of the night
He’s gotta be strong and he’s gotta be fast
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero!
I’m holding on for a hero til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure and he’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life

Something's gotta give me butterflies
Something's gotta make me feel alive
Something's gotta give me dreams tonight
Something's gotta make me feel alright
I don’t know where it is

But I know something’s gotta give

I thought love was only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else but not for me
Love was out to get me
thats the way it seemed
Disappointment haunted all my dreams
And then I saw (his) face
Now I'm a believer
Not a trace
a doubt in my mind
I'm in love
I'm a believer
I couldn't leave (him) if I tried

Maybe its intuition
some things you just don't question
Like, in your eyes I see my future in an instant
And there it goes, I think I found my best friend
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
but I believe
I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life

I mean, this stuff had to come from some sort of experience right???



4 Comments:

At 6:17 AM , Blogger Matt said...

My Comments are like hidden or something. You hate me now, don't you :-)

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Jan said...

hidden? thats weird, I don't know how that happens. maybe blogspot doesn't like you hehe

 
At 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K. NOT COOL!!!!
I typed a message the other day that has been hidden. Or maybe blogspot didn't like it so it threw it out.

 
At 6:56 PM , Blogger Jan said...

blogspot must be doing something weird with the comments. Sorry guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home