Thursday, October 09, 2008

Two Year Olds, Laundry, and groceries

Well, I am settling in to my new life pretty well. Sleeping good in my new house and enjoying my jobs. My two year old class is hilarious and I really am enjoying watching them learn and grow. They are all getting really good at the potty training thing which is nice. And they are just so sweet! Baby Karter and I get along well and he's a sweet baby. I do a LOT of laundry on the days I work with him but thats fine with me! I am enjoying living in town and cooking - I have made countless batches of chocolate chip pancakes, 2 peach cobblers and several casseroles. Its great!
This week has been a little rough though. I started to get a bit of a cough on Saturday night and then as Sunday went on I progressively lost my voice. Monday at school was insane - teaching two year olds with a whisper is not easy! Thankfully we only had 6 kids (everyone else is sick too) so that made it a little easier. And little Levi seemed to like my whisper because he whispered back to me and it was the most he's ever talked in class! I am finally getting my voice back today but I'm coughing more. I just hope its getting better and not worse. Anyway, Sunday was also a little difficult because Cody and I broke up. Honestly I think it was for the best, and I totally saw it coming. But it still stinks for a relationship to be over. My feelings were a little hurt but I'm over it now. There are things about him that I'll miss but we really weren't right for each other if I'm totally honest with myself. His mom and I will still be friends, which I'm grateful for! His family is awesome and they are definitely an aspect of the relationship I will miss.

In other news, Evy is doing well. I got to spend some time with her at church last night. she is so sweet because now when she sees me she gets a huge smile, yells "NANNA!" and comes running for a big hug. nothing warms the heart quite like that! Gidget and the kids came to visit on Monday and they got to see my house since I've decorated. I still have more work to do but its definitely feeling like home these days. I still have some stuff at the ranch (gosh, I have a lot of stuff!) to move and then I will get the nanny's quarters cleaned. Then I'll head to mom and dads to get my stuff thats in storage there. But I am loving living in town and being so close to everything!! I guess thats it for now. I will try to post more funny stories as they happen, this was really just an update :-)

Oh and I added "my favorite blogs" links - I hadn't realized they had disappeared! Check out mom and dad's - they are on a trip in the northeast and their pictures are fabulous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home