Sunday, August 26, 2007

whirlwind weekend

Whew, its Sunday! I went to Women of Faith Conference this weekend with a group of 30 women and what a great time we had! I drove to Clifton Thursday afternoon and hopped on a van to the city. It was so fabulous, being with a group of awesome women and having our own drivers! Yay! No parking lot fiasco's - they dropped us off and picked us up right at the door! and we stayed at a great hotel by the airport - very comfortable! As usual, WOF was amazing - it gets better every year!! It was nice to get away from my 'day job' and enjoy the conference.

On Thursday as I was driving to Clifton I noticed a car behind me acting a bit strangely and I sped up trying to get away from them. But persistently they caught up and acted as though they were going to pass me in the other lane but instead came even with me. It was then that I saw a hubcap being held out the window. It was mine! Turns out this very sweet couple had seen my hubcap come off my car at a light in Stephenville - they chased me all the way to Hico to return it!!! I was blown away by their kindness! Unfortunately the hubcap is broken and cannot be used so I have to get a new one, but the fact that these people chased me about 15 miles was awesome. I prayed that God would reward them for their kind act because I was so dumbfounded all I could say was thank you!

Tomorrow is back to work for the week but its an unusual week. Wednesday is John's birthday so I'm heading to the city to celebrate with him. Then Friday as soon as I'm off work I'm going to Clifton for our family reunion! My brother and sister in law will be coming and I can't wait to see them!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home