Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Inflation STINKS!!!!!

Okay forgive me for ranting but I must get this out. I don't think I can take any more hits financially. I am literally at a breaking point. I understand supply and demand. I understand that we had a horrible natural disaster that destroyed business and oil rigs and interfered with deliveries of goods. I understand that because of those hits, prices will go up in order to "supply" the "demand". But because there was no warning, how do you compensate in your checkbook? I just ordered a refill on my regular prescriptions. At the beginning of this year prices went up so I switched to generics - $30 for 3 months worth of one and $15 for 3 months worth of another as opposed to $40 for each. I guess it just didn't hit me that those would go up. When I got my antibiotics for my toe they cost me $50 but I thought that was just becuase I am allergic to many antibiotics and so I had to get the "real" thing instead of a generic or a lesser priced product. I was okay with that. But today I checked on my prescription order to make sure it was mailed and I saw the total and almost fell off my chair. The $30 has gone to $50 and the $15 went to $20. Now I understand that in the grand scheme of things thats only a $25 increase. But to someone who just got a phone bill that was $60 higher than expected, an electric bill that was $50 higher than expected, $25 is a big deal!!!! I hate complaining about money. Really I do. there are people out there without jobs and I am blessed to have a job and a nice apartment and a soft bed to sleep in. I am, I know I am. But this is just a hard pill to swallow because its all hitting at once. I know I'm not the only one with these problems. I am more grateful than ever that Ramen noodles were not affected by inflation (at least not yet) and only cost $.19 each. Yay for cheap meals!!! So tonight I will just lay in bed and talk to God and thank Him for his love and mercy and pray that He will take care of me as he takes care of the sparrows.

3 Comments:

At 6:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i totally understand the frustration. and i dont even have a car right now. there is sucky things going on everywhere. how is your brother, btw? he got in an accident, too, didnt he?

 
At 6:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

check out ethan bebo, btw.

 
At 8:03 PM , Blogger Jan said...

Reagan, no my brother wasn't in a car accident - Kris was. But he's fine, it was pretty minor and not much damage done. but thanks for asking! hope you get a car soon!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home