Friday, September 02, 2005

Country Mouse

This weekend I am playing country mouse at my parents place in middle-of-nowhere, Texas. As soon as I turned off I-35 I rolled down the windows to smell the fresh air. Well, fresh country air that is. The difference is that there is no longer the smell of smog and exhaust but instead of cows and skunks and hay. I am always prepared for the smell of the turkey farms as I get closer to the house (and further out in the middle of nowhere) but today the smell of turkey was combined with the smell of skunk. Ew. Yet I still left the windows down. Its so quiet. Sometimes disconcertingly so but I appreciate it. Some may not like the silence but after time in the city I relish it. No neighbors slamming doors, no cars zooming by, no yapping dog downstairs. Occasionally I hear the yapping puppies or a coyote but between that, just silence. For a few days, I am country mouse. Happy Labor Day weekend y'all.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oooo...jan...you have been spammed a couple of times...delete them quick!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home