Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The mind of a 4 year old

Last night I was putting up my Christmas lights on my balcony because it was perfect weather to do it. Not too cold outside and since I knew a cold front was coming in (it has now arrived brrr!) I wanted to get it done. While I was out there, two little boys that belong to 2 of my neighbors were out in the courtyard playing while their daddies talked. They are the cutest things - I think both are about 3 or 4 years old. So anyway as I was finishing up I heard a little voice say "Ooooh look at the pretty lights!" so they wandered over under my balcony. I said "HI! Do the lights look pretty from down there?" and one little boy nodded his head and then with a quizzical look said, "Are you David's mommy?" and I chuckled and said "No". He thought for a minute and finally said "Whose mommy are you?" and I said "I'm not anyone's mommy unless you count my cats." At this he just looked at me, obviously mystified that I was not a mommy and then he walked away. I guess to a 4 year old, all ladies are mommies to someone!

3 Comments:

At 10:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

we are not old enough to be anyone's mommy!!!

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Jan said...

well, unfortunately we are! the neighbors who are parents to these kids are *ahem* our age. :-) of course, I'm still telling myself i'm only 23 so in that case, i'm too young!

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

no, no, no, no, no.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home